[nfbwatlk] FW: Get Ready for 2010 Legislative Session with Transportation Advocacy Day and Legislative Workshop

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:55:43 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Shefali Ranganathan [mailto:shefali at transportationchoices.org]
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 12:31 PM
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Subject: Get Ready for 2010 Legislative Session with Transportation Advocacy
Day and Legislative Workshop

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FxowbkhN00pHJvN7gTN
5ECpC79BURXvL> Transportation Action!

 Transportation Action
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/headline.gif>

TRANSPORTATION ADVOCACY DAY: Be a Lobbyist for a Day!
With a short session and the State's budget crisis worsening, expect the
2010 legislative session to be fast-paced and focused on filling the $2.6
Billion and growing hole in the state's operating budget. We'll be focused
on helping to save transit service in communities in Washington, making it
safer for people to walk and bike safely, and creating incentives that
encourage driving less.  Join Transportation Choices Coalition and other
progressive transportation and environmental organizations such as the
Cascade Bicycle Club, Bicycle Alliance of Washington, Sierra Club,
Futurewise and others as we head to Olympia to fight for more transportation
choices.

WHEN:
January 28, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
WHERE:
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=yuuo176R20Ot0%2FHlgkM
WmypC79BURXvL> United Churches, 110 11th Avenue SE., Olympia 98501

REGISTER ONLINE at
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vUCDYcDLq71rPaSrC48VQ
ypC79BURXvL> http://www.transportationchoices.org/advocacydaysignup.asp

We'll give you the training and tips, set up your meetings with Legislators
and even organize a carpool to get you there!

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TlivX%2FdDRPmsXDCpm4X
W1CpC79BURXvL> Register online for Transportation Advocacy Day and help make
a difference.

It's free to attend and we'll provide lunch.

COME TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATIVE WORKSHOP

Care about the environment?  Want to do something about it? Then come to the
Legislative Workshop and we'll show you how you can make a difference. Join
Transportation Choices Coalition and other members of the Environmental
Priorities Coalition for a Legislative Workshop and learn about the 2010
Environmental Priorities and how you can take action to support them.

We'll give you tips and tricks on how to:

*	Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper,

*

	Call, email, Facebook and 'tweet' your elected officials,

*

	And set up and conduct a meeting with your local state senator or
representative

...to express why you care about Washington's environment and why it's
critical for lawmakers to support the Priorities.

Environmental Priorities Coalition Legislative Workshop
When: Saturday, January 9th, 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Where: Seattle Pacific University, Gwinn Commons
Cost: $10 without lunch, $20 with lunch, $10 for students with lunch
Who: Dozens of the State's leading environmental organizations, legislators,
environmental policy experts, and activists.

Reserve your space by
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=s52OF2fQX2Om9Rt7rdQwr
CpC79BURXvL> registering online!

Use what you learn at this workshop to send a message to Olympia that the
environment matters.

Cheers!
Shefali Ranganathan
Director of Education and Outreach
Transportation Choices Coalition
811 1st Avenue, Suite 626
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: 206.329.2336
Fax: 206.329.2705
www.transportationchoices.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kJWYebcFxvKgxridBs2vv
SpC79BURXvL>

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition, please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=JNMw6mYN9mfCWQt4bA1VB
SpC79BURXvL> click here to unsubscribe. If you do not currently get our
email Action Alerts, please subscribe on our website
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2%2BSmWxBdwGzSoQuc3SF
rgipC79BURXvL> www.transportationchoices.org.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=129634898>