[nfbwatlk] Fw: Transit riders: ask the candidates, and our new name!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 22:41:21 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Rodney Rutherford
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:27 PM
Subject: Transit riders: ask the candidates, and our new name!

Hello, and thanks for signing up with the Seattle Transit Riders Union! I know it's probably been a while since you've signed up...you probably wondered if we were still alive...well, *YES*, and we're just getting started! Here's what's happening...

Ask the candidates! Would you like to know how each of the candidates in the upcoming election intends to improve transit? Submit your questions (and vote on others questions) here:
http://moderator.appspot.com/#16/e=a654c
Our steering committee will send the highest rated questions to the candidates and share the answers with you. Be sure to post your questions and vote on others' before Sunday at noon (August 23).

Our new name...because we're more than just "Seattle!" In order to convey that we represent transit riders throughout the Puget Sound region, we're dropping 'Seattle' from our name. We'll generally be called the "Transit Riders Union". (In order to differentiate us from similar organizations around the world, our full name is "Transit Riders Union of Metropolitan Puget Sound", or TRUMPS.)

Rodney Rutherford