[nfbwatlk] FW: Tell Your Senator to Act on Climate Change NOW

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:27:14 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Shefali Ranganathan [mailto:shefali at transportationchoices.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:49 PM
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Subject: Tell Your Senator to Act on Climate Change NOW

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ejiT56I%2BrnVX6SensV%
2F2zXTAfc2U7IiA> Transportation Action!

 Transportation Action
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/headline.gif>

TAKE ACTION: Tell Your Senator to Act on Climate Change NOW

Last month Congress passed the American Clean Energy and Security (ACES - HR
2454) Act -- a comprehensive strategy to build the clean energy economy and
address the climate crisis by unlocking the power of American innovation.
This bill includes some key provisions which will reduce emissions from
transportation and create more transportation choices nationwide. Thousands
of folks like you called, wrote letters and visited your Congressperson's
office to help ensure passage of ACES. THANK YOU!!! Now our Senators need to
hear from us.

The usual suspects - big oil and coal lobbyists - spent millions lobbying to
weaken and stop the bill. This will only increase as we get closer to a vote
in the Senate. There's one powerful way to beat them: join the parade of
real people telling Senators Cantwell and Murray why you want a strong
global warming bill. This is especially meaningful while they are home for
August recess.

WHAT: National Day of Action on Climate Change

WHEN: August 10, 9-5 pm

WHERE:
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XRtbJGZDKhtsdO5mvYrY5
HTAfc2U7IiA> Senator Cantwell's local offices and
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Ma03I7UkNJbPIBdhoKpcN
HTAfc2U7IiA> Senator Murray's local offices

Please join Transportation Choices Coalition, Climate Solutions, Washington
Environmental Council, and other groups across Washington who are asking
people to visit the local office of our senators any time during the workday
(9 - 5) Monday, August 10, as part of a national day of action, to deliver
the message that you want a strong federal global warming bill this year, so
President Obama has something real to show at the international climate
negotiations in Copenhagen in December. Bring and leave behind a picture,
photo, or other keepsake that explains the reason you are insisting on a
comprehensive climate bill this year.

When we are done, Senators Cantwell and Murray will have a powerful stack of
reasons to support clean energy and green jobs. Can you visit your Senators'
office Monday, August 10? Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Fad%2B3boCv1SunPUB5G%
2F5YXTAfc2U7IiA> on the link to RSVP and learn more.

We have an historic opportunity to stabilize the climate and build the new
clean energy economy, save Americans money and create good paying jobs.

Can you visit Senator Cantwell and Murray's offices Monday, August 10? Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=b6WZc%2BSMB%2FFEkl3PA
DEuJXTAfc2U7IiA> on the link to RSVP and learn more.

[Reminder] TOWN HALL: Visioning the Puget Sound Region's Transportation
Future Part III - Perspectives from the State and Federal Level

Join our all-star panel of legislators and policy staff for a discussion on
what it will take at the federal and state level to address our
transportation challenges. Get an insight into their vision for the region's
transportation future and find out what their plans are to make it happen.

Senator Mary Margaret Haugen, 10th Legislative District, Chair of the
Washington State Senate Transportation Committee
Representative Judy Clibborn, 41st Legislative District, Chair of the
Washington State House Transportation Committee
Sheila Babb, Deputy State Director, Office of U.S. Senator Patty Murray
Jennifer Ziegler, Executive Policy Advisor on Transportation, Office of
Governor Christine Gregoire

WHEN: Friday August 7, 12:00pm - 1:30pm
WHERE: Bertha Knight Landes Room, Seattle City Hall, 5th Avenue between
Cherry and James St. (please note change in venue)

As always, feel free to bring your lunch.

This townhall series is brought to you by
Transportation Choices Coalition, Futurewise, WashPIRG, Sierra Club Cascade
Chapter, Bicycle Alliance of Washington, Cascade Bicycle Club, Seattle
Transit Blog, Feet First, Commute Seattle and Zipcar

Thank you to our sponsors of the Friday Forum Series
PLATINUM
Vulcan Inc.

GOLD
CH2M Hill
The Boeing Company
HDR Inc.

SILVER
Jacobs and Associates | IBI Group | HNTB Corporation | Parsons Brinckerhoff
Wilbur Smith Associates | Bricklin Newman Dold

Cheers!
Shefali Ranganathan
Director of Education and Outreach
Transportation Choices Coalition
811 1st Avenue, Suite 626
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: 206.329.2336
Fax: 206.329.2705
www.transportationchoices.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=X4P0PHpDXt4dpDuAWnSoE
HTAfc2U7IiA>

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition, please click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BvTzN0rC27C6NeHV5xdD%
2FXTAfc2U7IiA> here to unsubscribe. If you do not currently get our email
Action Alerts, please subscribe on our website
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=k1Q06LhZThN7WhGqe5pab
3TAfc2U7IiA> www.transportationchoices.org.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=91818576>