[nfbwatlk] FW: It's Crunch Time on Earth Day! Urge Your Senator to Concur with the Governor's Climate Change Bill

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 22:36:50 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Shefali Ranganathan [mailto:shefali at transportationchoices.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:01 PM
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Subject: It's Crunch Time on Earth Day! Urge Your Senator to Concur with the
Governor's Climate Change Bill

 Transportation Action!
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/head.gif>

 Transportation Action
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/headline.gif>

ACTION ALERT: Ask Your Senator to Make Earth Day Count.  Pass E2SSB 5735,
Governor Gregoire's Climate Change Bill

We need your help today - Earth Day to pass Governor Gregoire's climate
change bill (
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Apd6JtJ6GgA9Xq%2FseNQ
EgaU8Cuhc1VR9> E2SSB 5735) out of the State Senate.  This bill will help
combat climate change and spur our green economy. What better way to spend
two minutes on Earth Day?

The Legislature has a chance to reduce Washington's dependence on fossil
fuels and take steps to deliver real reductions in our global warming
pollution. Transportation accounts for nearly half of Washington's
greenhouse emissions. To successfully reduce these harmful emissions,
Washington must advance policies that promote increased transportation
choices to make it easier for urban residents to use transit, walk and bike
for commute trips and daily errands.  But time is running short and your
Senator needs to hear from you today that you think this is worth it.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tADOyB014jz039zvg1mRY
qU8Cuhc1VR9> Click to email your Senator today to concur with E2SSB 5735.

You can also call your Senator at the Legislative HOTLINE at 1-800-562-6000
(8:00 AM - 8:00 PM) and urge your legislator to concur with E2SSB 5735.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->

The bill will implement will a policy that will make it easier for urban
areas to expand transportation choices, such as public transit and commute
trip reduction programs. Commuters and families are already voluntarily
leaving their cars at home to save money in this difficult economic climate.
This bill will create real transportation choices for families and commuters
to get where they need to go, save money and improve their quality of life.

Please urge your Senator to support this important bill which will reduce
emissions and save money.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=c9WnHQFEzSmB4%2FTRb6D
KGKU8Cuhc1VR9> Click to email your Senator today to concur with E2SSB 5735.

You can also call your Senator at the Legislative HOTLINE at 1-800-562-6000
(8:00 AM - 8:00 PM) and urge your legislator to concur with E2SSB 5735.

Thanks for taking action!

Cheers!
Shefali Ranganathan
Director of Education and Outreach
Transportation Choices Coalition
811 1st Avenue, Suite 626
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: 206.329.2336
Fax: 206.329.2705
www.transportationchoices.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Ds7LREr6%2B%2BwEGF4Bt
%2Bb356U8Cuhc1VR9>

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.
<mailto:shefali at transportationchoices.org> org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition, please click here to unsubscribe
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=iJTnODt1eHmh5Kxy%2BJl
IA6U8Cuhc1VR9> . If you do not currently get our email Action Alerts, please
subscribe on our website
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZPa3PQTjuUPACN2zca%2B
aXI6hzvzNYhAQ> www.transportationchoices.org.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=67369868>