[nfbwatlk] Seattle Chapter Meeting Reminder

Kristina Lawrence tishgifts at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 06:27:08 UTC 2009

Hello All,

This is to remind you of the meeting happening this Saturday from
10:00 - Noon at the downtown YMCA 909 4th Ave. The YMCA is located on
the west side of 4th between Madison and Marion. We have a packed
agenda so please try to arrive on time. This is also a meeting that
you definitely want to bring friends and family to.

First, we will have Johnathan Dong from the city of Seattle come and
tell us about the Rapid Ride Transit Project that is happening. He has
a number of commitments on Saturday, so he will be the first to
address our group. We will also have the privilage to hear from
Charles who is representing Feet First. There are a number of projects
going on this summer and I know he will have some great information.

We will also have our raffle tickets for the Louis Braille
Commemrative Coin available. Remember that we are selling tickets and
that no more than 200 tickets will be sold and we are giving away two
coins. The drawing will be held at the June meeting. We will also
listen to the Presidential Release from Dr. Maurer. Updates on the
national convention and other tidbits.

Finally, remember that we have at least one drawing at the end of the
meeting. Any member who is paid their dues for the year is eligible
for the $5 drawing. Josie was our winner last month. If the person is
not at the meeting when their name is drawn, the money will go back
into the pot and the next month's jackpot will be doubled.

I look forward to seeing you all there. Be sure to let friends and
family know about this meeting.

Kris Colcock Lawrence
President, NFBW Greater Seattle Chapter