[nfbwatlk] Expense per Lifter to attend the (3) (2)

Doug Trimble Doug.Trimble at wssb.wa.gov
Mon Apr 13 18:15:24 UTC 2009

Here is a request for donations from the WSSB Power Lifting Team. You
may want to invite these athletes to speak to your chapter. Also ,
ofcourse if you can help them out that would be greatly appreciated.
Remember we need to get yuong folk involved.

Thanks,
Doug T.
________________________________

April 10, 2009

Dear Friends & Supporters:

Seven (7) student Powerlifters from the WA State School for the Blind
have recently qualified for Team USA powerlifting, based on their
performances in USAPL competition in Washington State.

They have been invited, with one coach, to join Team USA to compete
against 10 other nations this summer.  (See www.usaba.org
<http://www.usaba.org/>  and click on "Powerlifting")

Below is a list of the 'bare bones' expenses that we have IF flights to
Miami from the west coast are booked soon.

Expense per Lifter to attend the:

7th IBSA Men/Women's Powerlifting Championships

For Blind and Visually Impaired Athletes

July 7 - 11, 2009 ~ Miami, Florida, USA

1.  Lodging, $60/night (per person sharing rooms) X 5 nights,

....... = $300.00

2.  Meet Registration ..................................  $140.00

3.  Airport transport: $10 each way ................  $20/athlete

4.  Banquet ($35.00) and meet shirt ($15.00) = $50.00

5.  Airfare estimate:  .................................... $350.00

6.  Food/incidentals estimate @ $50 per day ... $250.00

TOTAL:  $1,110 per person

The coach does not pay the meet registration fee, so her/his expenses
will be around $1,000.00.

Cost for all seven athletes is $7,770, so that our total fund-raising
goal is $8,770.

Our students will be happy to come and speak to your organization if
that is convenient for you.  They include: Sunny Aparece, Tyler Shepard
(2008 USABA Powerlifting Team USA members), Chris Green, Sarah Bair, TJ
Breitenfeldt, William Henry and Andrew McDonald.

Thus far WSSB Coach Judy Koch Smith and Team Mom Judi Buetow are
committed to attending this meet to help Team USA.

We deeply appreciate your contributions for our athletes in any amount
that you are able to donate.  Attached are statements from some of the
Powerlifters who hope to compete on this world stage this summer.

Sincerely,

Judy Koch Smith, WSSB Lions Powerlifting Coach

360-696-6321, extension 192; judy.koch-smith at wssb.wa.org

April 8, 2009

Dear Ridgefield Lions:

My name is Chris Green.  I think it is a great honor to go to the
World's Powerlifting Meet for Blind Athletes in Miami this summer.  I
think of it as a privilege to be chosen to be a part of Team USA,
because it shows that they think I can do great.  I truly think that I
can do a good job, and if not I will be giving it 110% anyway.  This
will be a great event to attend because it shows that blind people are
still represented and shining in sports.

I will need partial support for food and lodging, as these are very
expensive.  My family and I are working on airfare, but I may also need
support with getting gear.  Any help with any of these expenses would be
greatly appreciated.

If someone helps me with these expenses, it shows that they believe that
I can compete and they trust that I will do great and expect me to
represent the blind community proudly and strongly.  It also shows that
they have support for any blind athlete in general.

Sincerely,

Chris Green, 16 years old

WSSB Powerlifter and member of Team USA

April 8, 2009

Dear Lions Club:

I am a student at the Washington State School for the Blind, and I would
like to go to the World's Power-lifting Meet and compete with the U.S.A.
Power-lifting team, because I want to challenge myself farther.  This
means a lot to me because if I get to go I will be able to compete
against other blind and visually impaired people from all over the
world.  I need your help to get there.  The total amount of money that
we need to raise is $1,100 per athlete.  So I would like to ask for your
help to support or finance me.  Please do this so I may compete in this
meet.  It would be beneficial to me in that it would give me the
experience of meeting and competing against people from around the
world.  Our team would be very grateful to you for your help!

Sincerely,

TJ Breitenfeldt , 15 years old

WSSB Lions Powerlifting team

April 8, 2009

Dear Ridgefield Lions,

I have the opportunity to compete on the USA Team in Miami once again
this year.  I am hoping to go this year because it was fun last year;
however, that isn't the only reason.

Powerlifting makes me a stronger and tougher person, and the more time I
can spend powerlifting the better.  Also I feel a wonderful sense of
accomplishment knowing that I'm a good enough lifter to compete at the
World Championship.  I am happy to be doing so well at something I like!

I am raising some of the money needed along with the rest of the team,
but I don't have the money to pay for it myself.  Would you please make
a donation to help pay for me to go to Worlds?  Believe me, it would
definitely be greatly appreciated.  Every student needs $1,100 to pay
for their airfare, food, lodging, and gear.  If you have any questions,
call Coach Judy Koch-Smith at 360-696-6321 extension 192.

Sincerely,

Sunny Aparece, 15 years old

Team USA Powerlifting and WSSB Lions

April 8, 2009

Dear Friend of Blind Athletes,

I feel that the World Powerlifting Meet is very beneficial for me
because of several reasons.  Being on Team USA is so cool because you
get to represent your country on the world stage.  I feel that this meet
will be beneficial for me because I'll represent the United States at an
international competition; it is like being in the Olympics!

In order to get to Worlds, I need some financial assistance.  Our budget
is 1100 dollars per person in order to get to this meet in Miami,
Florida.

So I ask you, are you willing to help us in this venture?  This is a
'once in a lift-time' opportunity to show our national pride on the
world stage.

Sincerely,

Tyler Shepard, 17 years old

Lions and Team USA Powerlifter

April 9, 2009

Hello.  My name is Sarah Bair.  This is my first year of powerlifting,
and I have kind of noticed that powerlifting is mostly a "guy" sport.
So I feel really accomplished being one of a few girls to have the
opportunity to go to the Worlds competition.  It would be really awesome
to be able to go and show all these boys that girls can lift as much as
them!

I would appreciate any support that you can give our team to get to
Miami this summer.

Sincerely,

Sarah Bair, 16 years old

Washington State School for the Blind