[nfbwatlk] City of Everett Website Accessibility

AWBarton awbarton at wiredweb.com
Sun Nov 16 05:40:10 UTC 2008

For nearly three years I've been asking the City of Everett to make its
website accessible.  After a string of e-mails, they finally flat out told
me they would not make it accessible and that I should buy my own
accessibility equipment.  I wrote the US Department of Justice in September
2008.   Department of Justice sent a letter two weeks ago they were opening
an investigation.  I can't say for certain it was pressure from the Justice
Department but suddenly, the City of Everett's website has become
accessible.  Please check it out and see if it works for you - I'm visually
impaired so I use the style sheets.  The tags don't magnify so I'll also be
noting that to DOJ.  The City of Everett's website is www.everettwa.org .

Patti and Kelvin Barton