[nfbwatlk] End of my cell phone decision-making trauma or saga

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 22:31:51 UTC 2008

Hi, Noel,

I really enjoyed your detailed account of buying an accessible phone.  I
hope the Pan Tek Duo is better than the Pan Teks I used to work with at
Verizon Wireless.  You have time to try it out anyway.

I will be curious to know how the phone works for you.

I looked into Jitterbug for my mom.  Idt has a large screen which I believe
is lighted.  You can do $10 a month and then add buckets of minutes which
last a year.  I can add contacts for her on the internet and she can press a
button and say "Call ----" and it will confirm and she presses yes and
bingo.  She can still dial, and it will make it easier for her to dial with
this phone.

If anyone is interested, I can run down the details of the calling plans,
etc. I just don't have them in front of me right now.  CsBPS sells the
Jitterbug for $147 plus tax and there is a $35 activation fee which you pay
when you contact Jitterbug directly.  Idt's a really basic phone which many
seniors with limited vision will LovE.

Alco