[nfbwatlk] Barnes & Noble Book Fair on Jan 2 - 4

Kristina Lawrence tishgifts at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:01:03 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

As we announced at the Seattle Chapter Holiday Party, we are having a
book fair at Barnes & Noble January 2 - 4, 2009. Attached is our
"teaser" flyer. This is the flyer that tells you about the event and
to watch for more details.

How does it work?
Starting on January 2nd, when you, your friends, your family or anyone
else who has this information goes into their local Barnes & Noble and
make a purchase, they just thell their cashier that they are
supporting the NFBW Greater Seattle Chapter and give them the number
that is to the chapter account. We will receive a credit for the sale
and it costs the person purchasing the book nothing extra.

On January 3rd and 4th, we will have an information table at the
store. At this table we will have all the info from the coin that NFB
provides, Braille alphabet cards, sign up lists for anyone wishing to
receive more information about the coin and slates and styli (Plural
of stylus?) so that adults and children can get their name written in
Braille. We will also have Kernal books available for people to take
for free.

On Saturday we will also be joined by three children's authors. I am
waiting for an OK by their publishers (which is more of a formality
than anything) who will be doing book signings. This will help to draw
in customers and they have contacted me to say that they are willing
to support our efforts.

On Saturday we will also be kicking off the Barnes and Noble
storytime. The CRM, Jessie, has asked us to read to the kids and we
are going to read from J.K. Rowlins newest book (the braille version
of course) for an hour.  We'll have Jake and the Secret Code playing
in the children's section on a continus loop and members of the NFBW
cruising around the store. The information booth is there from morning
thill night and we can have a banner (our local banner) hanging in the
window for all to see during the weekend.

On Sunday, we will have the information booth open again and will be
joined by Kathleen Richardson and Larry Karp as authors who will be
doing a book signing during this time. Kathleen is a personal friend
of mine and she has helped to put us in contact with the other authors
who are interested in helping out our cause.

This promises to be a wonderful event. Send out these flyers to
friends, family co-workers and anyone else who might be interested in
helping us out.

Have a great holiday season!

Kris Lawrence
President, NFBW Greater Seattle Chapter