[Nfbnet-members-list] College freshmen: Last chance to apply for Aira's back-to-school program

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Wed Aug 16 02:36:35 UTC 2017

Dear Students:

Today is the last day that you can apply for a chance to start your
college adventure with groundbreaking new technology. The National
Federation of the Blind is partnering with <https://aira.io/>Aira, a
company that uses smart glass technology, live agents, and artificial
intelligence to assist blind people in understanding and navigating
their environment. You might use it to help you explore your college
campus and new community, for example.

Through a partnership with Aira's Back to School Program, selected
blind college freshmen can receive a free nine-month subscription to
four hundred minutes of Aira services, as well as onboard training,
data, and the wearable glasses.

In order to apply for this opportunity:
    * You must be legally blind
    * You must be beginning college as a first year student in the
fall of 2017

To be considered for one of these subscriptions, please complete this
<https://aira.io/>short application online by Tuesday, August 15, 2017.

The National Federation of the Blind is dedicated to helping all
blind people, including blind students, live the lives they want. An
equal education is critical to success, and students play a key role
in creating a bright future for blind Americans. We are happy to
partner with Aira in this exciting opportunity.

Good luck, and all our best for the new school year!

Sincerely,
The National Federation of the Blind Communications Team

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330 | <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @rlawyer

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.