[Nfbnet-members-list] Bottom Dollars Documentary

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Thu Oct 13 22:33:02 UTC 2016

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We wanted to let you know about a new documentary film entitled
"Bottom Dollars." This film, produced by an organization called
Rooted in Rights that specializes in documentaries and social media
campaigns related to disability issues, exposes the exploitation of
workers with disabilities through the payment of subminimum wages and
calls for a phase-out of this discriminatory practice. Not only is
this film's message in line with the goals of the National Federation
of the Blind, but the film's director and producer, Jordan Melograna,
contacted the National Federation of the Blind during its production,
and President Riccobono is prominently featured in the film. The
great success of the film's premiere in Washington, DC just a couple
of days ago has sparked a great deal of interest and momentum, and
free screenings of the film are already scheduled throughout the
country. The movie is just under an hour long and includes captioning
and audio description.

We encourage you to find out if there is a screening in your area,
engage with the hosts of the screening, and encourage members and
supporters to attend. Chapters and affiliates can also host
screenings themselves at libraries, schools, community centers, and
the like. There will be no charge from the film's producers for your
chapter or affiliate to screen the film; you'll just need to find a
venue and set a date. To find out more and/or sign up to host a
screening, simply visit
<http://www.bottomdollarsmovie.com>www.bottomdollarsmovie.com.

Participating in or hosting a screening of this film is a great way
to continue to build the growing momentum around our campaign to
eliminate the discriminatory practice of paying less than the minimum
wage to the blind and other workers with disabilities. We'd love to
know if you schedule a screening, so please be sure to share your
event with us by emailing
<mailto:communicationsteam at nfb.org>communicationsteam at nfb.org or
sharing via social media.

Sincerely,