[Nfbnet-members-list] Tuesday, April 15th, NFB Travel & Tourism Division Meeting

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 03:27:55 UTC 2014

NFB Travel & Tourism Division, a proud division of the National
Federation of the Blind, will be holding it's monthly division
meeting. All members and non-members are welcome.

The purpose of the National Federation of the Blind Travel & Tourism
Division is to aid the National Federation of the Blind. It is to
serve as a vehicle for collective action by the blind of the nation.
This division functions as a mechanism through which all interested
blind and sighted persons can come together to plan and execute
programs that improve the quality of life and travel for the blind.
We promote vocational, cultural and social advancement of the blind;
to achieve integration of the blind into society on the basis of
equality with the sighted; to focus attention upon accessibility and
problems facing blind travelers, to educate blind people interested
in the travel and tourism industry; and to take any other action
necessary to improve the overall condition and standard of living of the blind.

Date:         Tuesday, April 15th, 2014

Time:         8 pm Eastern, 7 pm Central, 6 pm Mountain, 5 pm Pacific time.

Call in number and code:

(805) 360-1000 and the access code is 871517#

We will be discussing, National Convention Meeting which is being
held on July 3rd from 1-4:30 pm, guests, and presentations.

Also, we will be planning our Annual Fundraiser Trip for 2015, we
would like to come with ideas of where you would like to go nothing
is ridiculous;  and have a final 3 options to present for a vote at
the Division Meeting in Orlando.

We will have updates from our Secretary, and Treasurer.

Also, I will be giving some information from the Museums in NY City
and some of the updates on the accessibility, I was at Baruch College
on April 11th for the 7th Annual Conference on Employment & Visual
Impairment: Policy & Practice, which I also did a presentation at one
of the seminars.

Hope to hear you on the call Tuesday Night.

Respectfully

Cheryl Echevarria, President
NFB Travel & Tourism
www.nfbtravel.org
travelandtourism at nfbnet.org
cherylandmanxx at hotmail.com
631-236-5138

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name,
and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know
if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.

Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith.
<http://www.braillesmith.com>www.braillesmith.com for all her braille
needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama