[NFBWATlk] Update for NFB BELL Academy NFBO/NFBw

Kris Colcock kris at colcock.com
Sat Mar 30 00:39:39 UTC 2024

Hello All,

Hope everyone is preparing for a wonderful spring break. Hard to believe
that April is on the other side of the weekend. Before Spring Fever takes
you over, please take a quick moment and read the email all the way through.

1. The in-person training date is June 14 - 16. Friday is the travel day
for those living a distance from Vancouver. Depending on things and
attendance we might have a short meeting Friday night. Saturday and Sunday
will both start at 9am. Overnight accommodations can be arranged. This is
an important in-person training as we will go over program oriented items,
explore the campus as much as possible and cover the consent and YIPP
trainings. Please mark your calendars.

2. Volunteer Form - If you are interested in volunteering as support or as
program staff, I would appreciate it if you would fill in the volunteer
form. *** If you are wanting to volunteer to support through material prep,
spreading the word or other non-direct child interaction I would appreciate
it if you would still fill in the volunteer form. This is my main way to
keep track of things. Justin has created the form and he is teaching this
senior dog to understand how to use the form appropriately. One place for
all the volunteer info is truly appreciated.

3. If you wish to volunteer for non-direct child interaction no background
check and letters of recommendation are NOT required. We will still talk
but this lets Justin and I know how you can help in the background.

4. I have in the volunteer forms the following people: Beth, Aleena, Chris
"Bear", Angela and Bri. Thank you ladies. Let's get the rest signed in
please.

5. The link to the form is:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zMFMhe7LDhSbtHzM4FqpQzAeKEzhvQIbhGRa2YVMREc/viewform?edit_requested=true

6.  Please send this link to other people interested in volunteering
7. Our next Zoom meeting is Monday, April 15 at 7pm

If you have questions, talk to myself or Justin.

Kris