[NFBWATlk] Some wonderful news!!!

Kris Colcock kris at colcock.com
Wed Apr 3 00:40:39 UTC 2024

Hello Everyone,

I received some wonderful news today and wanted to share.

1. We have 7 students registered for our NFB Bell Academy already! There
were some concerns as I wasn't seeing registrations but that has been
fixed. Three of our students, Lincoln, Claire and Lincoln are returning
this year! Keep up the good work spreading the news. Our maximum student
capacity is 16.

2. I received word this morning that the Pacific Northwest Foundation for
Blind Children has approved our grant request for $11,519. This was the
estimated budget for the WSSB facilities, vans, food and staff. We are very
grateful to this foundation for the generous grant!

3. If you know of families who are signed up with DSB and may need some
assistance with travel expenses or registration expenses, let us know.
There are some funds available for them.

4. Remember to fill out the form and hit the submit button for the
volunteer information form Justin has created. That link is
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zMFMhe7LDhSbtHzM4FqpQzAeKEzhvQIbhGRa2YVMREc/viewform?edit_requested=true

5. In person Training - word is still out on that. Hopefully we will have a
date by the time of our next meeting on April 15th.

Thank you for all you do and please feel free to share this information
with anyone you feel would be a great addition to our NFB BELL Academy
staff!

Kris Colcock
206-854-3025