[NFBWATlk] November / December BELL Academy Meeting

Kris Colcock kris at colcock.com
Tue Nov 21 04:11:43 UTC 2023

Good Evening everyone,

Well, here I sit feeling foolish. It is the 3rd Monday of the month
and I did not send out a reminder for our BELL Academy Meeting. If I
had to drop the ball on meetings this was the one to do it. There is
not much forward movement right now. Here are the updates I was going
to share:

1. BELL Training is going to be Feb. 8 - 11 in Baltimore. Each
affiliate may send one Coordinator and one teacher.
2. The theme of the BELL Academy for 2024 is close to being announced,
you'll know as soon as I do.
3. Start thinking about your reference letters. They should speak to
your strengths and why you would be a good match for the BELL Academy.
4. When Justin, Carla and I get the volunteer Google sheet up and
running, we will send out an email.
5. BELL Brochures / flyers are being developed by Baltimore and will
be sent to each affiliate when they are ready.
6. If you wish to help or give presentations to school districts,
groups or agencies let Justin, Carla or I know.
7. Chris Higley has suggested finding a baker who is willing to make
cookies with the NFB or BELL in braille on the cookie. We could then
turn around and sell these cookies at conventions or resource fairs to
raise money for the Academy.

As far as I can think, that is what I had. How are others doing What
questions are there? Does December 18 work for our next Zoom call?

Below is Zoom information for our meetings and the recording of our
September meeting.

Marci Carpenter  She/her is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: BELL Academy Meeting Room
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84013492503?pwd=M252SWJKK3orQk1qTHo1K0RGckNrQT09

Meeting ID: 840 1349 2503
Passcode: 232057

---

One tap mobile
+12532158782,,84013492503#,,,,*232057# US (Tacoma)
+12532050468,,84013492503#,,,,*232057# US

---

Meeting ID: 840 1349 2503
Passcode: 232057

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kx4D0BbCl