[NFBWATlk] Seattle Chapter Meeting on March 25th!

Kris Colcock kris at colcock.com
Tue Mar 21 18:47:46 UTC 2023

Hi Jim,

I have a previous engagement at the Bainbridge Island FAMJAM which is
held at the kid's discovery museum. However, please let people know
about our upcoming NFB BELL Academy being held at the Washington State
School for the Blind in Vancouver from July 30 to August 4. We are
partnering with the NFB of Oregon to put together a residential
academy. We need volunteers on all levels. We need people to help:
* create materials
* Secure in-kind donations from Safeway, Fred Myer, Albertsons and Costco
* We need people to help spread the word
* We need people to secure monetary donations by participating in fund raisers
* We need chapters to pledge assistance of some kind to the academy

This academy not only helps the kids who attend, but it helps our
affiliate. These kids get to interact with successful individuals who
are blind. The parents get to know the NFBW and what we have to offer.

If anyone has questions or wishes to volunteer for a day or two
interacting with the children directly, please contact me. We have a
volunteer training event happening at the end of April for those who
will be directly working with our children. Individuals working
directly will the children will also have to complete a background
check.

Thanks for your help and look forward to hearing from people!

Kris Colcock