[NFBWATlk] Volunteers needed for 2023 BELL(r) Academy

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 18:01:12 UTC 2023

Hello All,

Our affiliate is partnering with the NFB of Oregon to provide a one
week residential Bell(r) Academy July 30 = August 4 for children who
are blind or have low vision and are between ages 8 - 13. We are very
excited about this opportunity! This program needs affiliate wide
support to be successful. We have volunteer opportunities to help with
the program even if you aren't wild about working directly with the
kids.

We have two wonderful lead teachers in place. We need people to:
* Help prepare materials
* Help secure donations (both monetary and in-kind)
* Help prepare and clean the areas used at the Washington State School
for the Blind
* Help promote the academy through social media, email lists and
in-person flyers
* Photograph and/or video activities during the academy
* House Parent for overnight duty
* Support our teachers during activities
* Help with meals

If you are interested in helping out for an afternoon, a day or all
week fill out the below form. If you have questions feel free to
contact me directly. Kris Colcock - kris at colcock.com or 206-854-3025

 National Federation of the Blind Oregon-Washington BELL Academy Volunteer
Registration Form

To fill it out, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcHzdKsqGGfc6VZo1KLOXmSYM3Yeo6H75lH7hP2sC-YvHf4g/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0&usp=mail_form_link

We are collecting information for those who are interested in volunteering
with the 2023 BELL (r) Academy happening July 30 - Aug. 4th. Please let us
know if you are able to volunteer one day or all week. We need this
information as soon as possible because we have a training on April 29 /
30th. Travel assistance and lodging if necessary will be provided
accordingly. If you know of others who are interested in volunteering,
please pass this invite along.
I've invited you to fill out a form:

Google Forms: Create and analyze surveys.