[NFBWATlk] 2023 BELL Academy

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 23:49:39 UTC 2023

Exciting Times!!!

I know today is cold, so let's talk about warmer times. This year the
NFBW and the NFBO are teaming up to provide our blind and low vision
kids with a great opportunity! A one week residential Academy held at
the Washington State School for the Blind in Vancouver, WA. This year,
children ages 8 - 13 get the chance to participate in this powerful
program.

Here's what you can do to help.

Spread the word - attached are flyers for the BELL Academy in English
and Spanish. Pass them along to those who can help spread the word.

Volunteer - This week long residential program needs you! Do you work
well with kids? Maybe you want to work behind the scenes and help get
things ready? Maybe you are a great fund raiser and want to help with
seeking out donations? This affiliate wide program has a number of
facets and everyone can lend a hand pulling together an awesome
academy!

Important Dates:
1. If you want to help with the program and work with the kids you
MUST attend a weekend of training at WSSB held April 29 - 30. If you
are from out of town and need lodging, drop me a line. We also require
background checks from anyone who will be interacting with the kids.

2. The BELL Academy will be held July 30 - August 4, 2023.

Remember, you can help in many different ways.

Have questions? want to be kept in the loop? drop me a line at
kris at colcock.com or call 206-854-3025!