[NFBWATlk] Exciting updates and more clarification

Kris Colcock kris at colcock.com
Fri Dec 22 01:48:18 UTC 2023

Good Evening All!

I am fresh from the latest BELL Coordinator meeting and wanted to
share a few things.

1. The theme for this year is "I Can Lead". Helping our kids
understand that they are leaders and can be leaders. So many wonderful
activities and discussions can be centered around this theme.

2. Lots of clarification on how to implement the new Youth Policy and
how it applies to those wishing to volunteer. Here are the key take
aways and this will guide our final revision of the application.
     A. If you were a volunteer last year and we have invited you to
participate again this year, we do NOT need letters for you.
Identifying people as references is still appreciated.
     b. IF you have not participated in a NFB Youth Program in the
last three years we WILL need three references from you.
     C. If you are new to the affiliate or new to NFB we WILL need
references from you. Letters are recommended.
     D. All individuals who do not have a current background check on
file with the NFB will need to have a background check completed at no
cost to you. IF you have a qualifying background check that is less
than two years old by the time the Bell Academy begins, all you need
to do is submit a copy of that result. People who would have a
qualifying background check on hand would be teachers, care providers,
those working with children or those working with vulnerable adults as
an example.

Hope this helps to answer questions you might have had. Happy Holiday
Season and we'll be in touch next week.

Kris