[NFBWATlk] How to apply for financial assistance to attend the 2022 NFB of Washington state convention

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 22 17:59:53 UTC 2022

Greetings!

Do you want to attend our National FedeNational Federation of the Blind of Washington state convention in Bellevue November 4-6 but need some financial assistance to attend? Here’s what you need to do.

Send an email to both your chapter president and to me with the following information:
1. Your name, address. phone number and email address
2. The NFBW chapter in which you are a member
3. The type of assistance you need (transportation, hotel room, banquet ticket, other meals at convention, etc.)

If you are not yet a member of the NFB of Washington but would like to attend our convention and need financial assistance send an email to me (Marci Carpenter).

Your chapter leadership will determine what assistance the chapter can provide and then we will determine what the NFBW can provide. In order for Corey Grandstaff and I to have time to consult with Chapter Presidents, and so that people have time to reserve a hotel room by the cut off date of October 13, you will need to make your request for assistance by 10 PM Pacific on Saturday, October 8.

Again, send your request for assistance to both your chapter president and to me. Below are the email addresses for me and all of our Chapter Presidents:

Members At Large: Nikki Palm, nikkrae83 at gmail.com

Greater Seattle: Jim Portillo, portillo.jim at gmail.com

Clallam County: Gary Mackenstadt, cane.travel at gmail.com or call Gary at 360-683-1263

Clark County: Corey Grandstaff, corey.grandstaff at gmail.com

NFBW state President: Marci Carpenter, mjc59 at comcast.net

We have an exciting agenda planned for our state convention. Our theme this year is Trust the Magic of New Beginnings. We hope you will be there.

Marci Carpenter, President
National Federation of the Blind of Washington
206-604-5507
mjc59 at comcast.net
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Check out our newly redesigned website at https://www.nfbw.org

The National Federation of the Blind of Washington is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of blind Washingtonians. Every day we work together to help blind people live their lives they want.