[NFBWATlk] First Chapter Meeting Of The Year Is Coming Up!!

portillo.jim at gmail.com portillo.jim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 01:58:16 UTC 2022

National Federation of the Blind of Washington

Greater Seattle Chapter Meeting

Join us for our first chapter meeting of the year, Saturday January 15th,
2022

from 10:00 am to 12:00 on Zoom.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88386659625?pwd=MmF6bjJ0RWNTdEY3SnpJSjJXWEhsUT09

Meeting ID: 883 8665 9625

Passcode: 573725

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,88386659625#,,,,*573725# US (Tacoma)

+16699006833,,88386659625#,,,,*573725# US (San Jose)

We are excited to start the new year with a chapter meeting and lots of hope
and optimism for the coming year!

You all saw that we are meeting via Zoom this particular month. While we are
all ready to meet in person, the board met this past week and decided that
since a few of the board members either recently had or currently have Covid
in some way, it would be better to meet virtually one more month. If all
goes well, we will definitely meet in person next month! We are more than
ready, but we just wanted to be safe and keep everyone in mind.

We will have a few things to discuss, including the following.

*	Group Activity/Ice Breaker
*	Discuss or approve minutes
*	State of the State Affiliate and National News to Know, dealing with
upcoming Washington Seminar and National Convention, Marci Carpenter,
Affiliate President
*	Legal issues, Al Elia
*	Announcements on statewide meetings, such as students and seniors
*	Elections for this year's board
*	Thoughts and plans for this coming year

Because we are not meeting in person, we won't be able to collect dues.
However, rather than moving elections till February, let's all try and get
our payments in using PayPal. This way, we can move forward and as planned.

Dues are $5 and can be paid either by PayPal or check. The PayPal address is
payments at nfbw.org <mailto:payments at nfbw.org> ,

If you have any questions, send an email to chapter president Jim Portillo
at

n <mailto:nnfbseattle at gmail.com> nfbseattle at gmail.com.

You can also call the Seattle Chapter phone number and leave a message.
Someone will get back to you as soon as possible. The number is
206-880-1473.

See all of you on Saturday!