[NFBWATlk] Great state and national Legislative news!

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 00:57:51 UTC 2022

Hi Betty and everyone,

Yes, we will now need to work to make sure the bill gets through the Senate with the same amendment that the house put into it. If you could contact Senator Cleveland and give her that message that would be awesome. SB 5840, the senate bill, is scheduled for a hearing next Friday at 8 AM before the  Senate Health and Long Term Care Committee. I will post a link to the bill on all of our listservs in the next couple days which will take people to a place where they can comment on it. I’m also waiting for some information about any specific advocacy we need to do with the Senate.

Thanks,
Marci