[NFBWATlk] Great Picnic yesterday

portillo.jim at gmail.com portillo.jim at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 17:24:16 UTC 2022

Yesterday afternoon/evening the Seattle chapter of the National Federation
of the Blind had its annual picnic at the home of Noel and Jim. What an
absolutely wonderful time of catching up with old friends we haven’t seen in
a while and meeting new people interested in what the Federation does and
how they could become members. We also had some delicious food, including
burgers and hot dogs grilled by Jim, a noodle vegetable dish made by
Amandeep, chips, a rice dish (brought by other members), and some incredible
marshmallow bars made by Alice (which were AWESOME)!Deja and Lucas got
people playing picnic games, including breaking a piñata full of candy! The
kids (mostly adults) loved that part!
People are eager to take part in future NFB meetings and events. Activities
like these help bring people together and make our chapter stronger!

See you next month at our chapter meeting and the following month at the
cane walk. More details will be sent out soon.

Jim