[NFBWATlk] DoubleGood popcorn fundraiser success

Marci Carpenter Mjc59 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 5 20:31:40 UTC 2022

Thanks to the hard work of 14 Federationists in Washington state and the generosity of dozens of people from around the country we had $6962 in popcorn sales. This means we raised $3481 for our affiliate! Everyone who participated had popcorn sales. We all encouraged each other and there was great friendly competition.

Congratulations to our top two sellers: Jessie Lorenz of Seattle with $1454 in sales and Nikki Palm of Longview with $1415 in sales! We had a text thread going with everyone who was participating and it really helped us feel like a team. Our other sellers were Ryan Palm, Amandeep Kaur, Marci Carpenter, Jim Portillo, Corey Grandstaff, Arabia Grandstaff (And they were in Italy the whole time and still had sales!), Chris Higley, Suzi Prows, Kaye Kipp, Kris Colcock, Doug Trimble and Deja Powell. Great job team!

This was our first time trying this kind of fundraiser. We hoped we would do well but we weren’t sure. It lasted four days and all of us texted and emailed our friends and family and/or posted on social media. We got our friends and family to help share our Facebook posts to promote the event. We had 125 supporters (buyers) and had sales in 79 cities and 27 states.

If you didn’t participate this time don’t worry… We will be doing this again and hope to have many more members participating.

This was a great example of how all of us working together can raise money to provide the kind of programming we want to help blind youth and adults live the lives they want.

Onward together!

Marci Carpenter, President
National Federation of the Blind of Washington
206-604-5507
mjc59 at comcast.net

The National Federation of the Blind of Washington is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of blind Washington. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.