[NFBWATlk] NFBW Members at Large Chapter Meeting

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 18:26:11 UTC 2021

Hello All,

The Members at Large Chapter of the NFB of WA will be meeting on Zoom again
this Thursday evening. The meeting begins at 7:30pm and we open the virtual
doors around 7:15pm for a time of meet and greet.

October is now Blind Equality Achievement Month (BEAM) and October 15 is
White Cane Day. It is also the month just before the NFBW State Convention.
Our virtual convention will beheld on November 5 - 7 and if you haven't
registered there is still time! Just go to NFBW.org and follow the links to
our online registration form.

October is also the beginning of the holidays for many of us. Halloween
parties and Day of the Dead celebrations soon morph into gatherings for
Thanksgiving. These gatherings soon evolve into December holiday gatherings
to culminate into the big New Year's Eve celebration! This means people are
looking for fun and unique foods to bring and share. During our Thursday
evening meeting Kris Colcock will be sharing and baking one of her favorite
recipes for holiday gatherings. Below are the ingredients you will need if
you wish to create your own baked delight with her. Be sure to mark your
calendars, gather your ingredients and join us on Thursday, October 14th
from 7:30 - 8:30pm

Items you will need to bake along with Kris:
Measuring cups (I *love* the set from the NFB Independence Market)
Tablespoons, teaspoons all sizes
2 mixing bowls (best if one is large and one is small)
Loaf pan or bundt pan

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, room temperature
3/4 cup milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
streusel:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons cold butter
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk

Looking forward to Thursday evening!

Topic: NFBW Members At Large Chapter Meeting
Time: October 14, 7:30pm
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81030669502?pwd=dEJTWjRQeXRzdjF5THk1NUlCVG90dz09

Meeting ID: 810 3066 9502
Passcode: 823589
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,81030669502#,,,,*823589# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,81030669502#,,,,*823589# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
 Meeting ID: 810 3066 9502