[NFBWATlk] Job Seeker Seminar at our Convention

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:05:55 UTC 2021

Job Seeker Seminar

NFB of WA State Convention

November 5, 2021

10:00am – 1:00pm

Join us for our annual Job Seeker Seminar at our NFB of Washington State
Convention. We have a great line up of presenters that will share their
experiences, wisdom and resources.

To register for our convention just go to:

https://nfbw.org/convention.html

Our agenda for the morning is:

10:00 Opening and welcome

President NFBW Marci Carpenter

NFB National Representative Marc Maurer

Coordinator Kris Colcock

10:15 – 10:45

Elsa Sjunneson - a Deafblind author and editor whose fiction and nonfiction
writing has been praised as “eloquence and activism in lockstep" and has
been published in dozens of venues around the world. Winner of Hugo,
Aurora, and BFA awards. When she isn't writing, she works to dismantle
structural ableism and rebuild community support for disabled people
everywhere. Her debut memoir, Being Seen: One Deafblind Woman's Fight to
End Ableism, releases in October of 2021 from Tiller Press.

https://www.snarkbat.com/about

10:50 – 11:20 Technology and Employment Panel Discussion

Mike Mello

Jamal Mazrui

11:20 – 11:30 Break

11:30 – 12:00 Career Connect

Richard Rueda - APH CareerConnect Content Lead

12:00 – 12:30 NFB Direct

Dick Davis – Chairperson NFB Employment Committee

12:30 – 1:00 What Experience Do You Have?

Kris Colcock – Facilitator

An open discussion of what experience to put on your resume. Experience is
not just from employment but from life and volunteer work. Let’s talk about
how to incorporate this experience on your resume to show off your full
potential.

Topic: NFBW State Convention – Job Seeker Seminar

Time: November 5, 2021 10:00am – 1:00pm

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83786211059?pwd=ZzVac1JxeWlGYXBmWEp2bjVBMHpTQT09

Meeting ID: 837 8621 1059

Passcode: 769938

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,83786211059#,,,,*769938# US (Tacoma)

+16699006833,,83786211059#,,,,*769938# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)