[NFBWATlk] FW: Bookshare from WTBBL in 2021

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 02:11:58 UTC 2021

Passing on for your information.
Bookshare from WTBBL in 2021

[Image removed by sender. Washington Talking Book & Braille Library, That All May Read]

Free Bookshare Memberships Are Available

Dear WTBBL Patrons,

There is still space in our pilot program with Bookshare. This service for people with print disabilities offers ebooks in audio, braille, and large text which can be read on your mobile device or computer. Bookshare has over 700,000 titles in education, science and technology, leisure, and career and employment available in many languages. The Bookshare pilot is in addition to WTBBL and National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Disabled services.

These one year memberships will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis to the first people who meet the requirements of being a WTBBL patron with an active BARD account. Students may currently signup for Bookshare memberships for free, so WTBBL memberships will not be allocated to students. Participants will be required to complete pre and post pilot surveys.

If you are interested in participating, please submit your request for a WTBBL Bookshare membership by email to danielle.miller at sos.wa.gov<mailto:danielle.miller at sos.wa.gov>.

For more information about Bookshare, see the attached flyer<https://sos.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4cc76b29ebd6084a20161a5f6&id=0cae2c7b38&e=d39a6da06c> or learn more at https://www.bookshare.org<https://sos.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4cc76b29ebd6084a20161a5f6&id=5a1c5e2b13&e=d39a6da06c>

We are pleased to be able to offer this expanded access to additional titles. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.

Best wishes,

Danielle

[Image removed by sender. Facebook]<https://sos.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4cc76b29ebd6084a20161a5f6&id=92eca24c0b&e=d39a6da06c>
Facebook<https://sos.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4cc76b29ebd6084a20161a5f6&id=4504bc53f7&e=d39a6da06c>