[NFBWATlk] Great First Meeting!

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 00:08:44 UTC 2021

Hello All!

We had a great first meeting of the new NFBW Senior Blind Group. I
hope you can join us for future gatherings. Here is what we
accomplished today!

•	Set the foundation for a great group. Lots of laughter and lots of sharing!
•	Second, we have established that we will meet on a monthly basis. On
the 4th Saturday of the month at Noon we will gather for at least an
hour. Bring your favorite drink and join us!
•	Third, we are going to have a Senior Blind seminar next month! A
separate announcement will go out shortly. Save the date of March 27
from 11 – 1pm. Our goal is to discuss information regarding AARP /
IMAC, Dealing with hearing loss and vision loss simultaneously,
resources through Hadley and getting to know each other.  The link for
this seminar is below.
•	Finally we came up with topics for the next few meetings! For the
month of April, Suzi Prows will be sharing gardening tips and tricks
for blind gardeners. May we will be talking about Newsline, WTTBl and
BARD. June Kay Kipp will be facilitating a discussion revolving around
the fears and concerns we may have when our vision is diminishing.
This group is growing and dynamic! We are creating a place for people
who are older, of the “wise generation”, some who have been blind for
a long time and some who are new to low vision and blindness. We
invite you to join us! We invite you to share this email with someone
who might be interested in learning more. All are welcome!

Here is the Zoom information for future meetings!
Topic: NFBW Senior Blind Meet Up
Time: Monthly on the 4th Saturday of the month (March 27*, April 24,
May 22nd, June 26th) 12:00pm Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81784891088?pwd=Ry9iWER2R0gxYldkN3RvV1p3d0dWUT09

Meeting ID: 817 8489 1088
Passcode: 023961
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,81784891088#,,,,*023961# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 817 8489 1088
Passcode: 023961

*Also, you want to save the date of March 27th! That is going to be
the date of the Blind Senior Seminar and here is the link for that:

Topic: Seminar Series - Senior Seminar
Time: March 27, 2021 at 11:00am – 1pm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87691518396?pwd=QzBOUmZST1AyVXFUOVl1MmVXbHlzdz09

Meeting ID: 876 9151 8396
Passcode: 630640
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,87691518396#,,,,*630640# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 876 9151 8396
Passcode: 630640