[NFBWATlk] VRC 4 (In-Training) Recruitment -- Washington Services for the Blind, Vancouver Office

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Nov 19 15:26:59 UTC 2020

From: Cox, Kristina (DSB) <kristina.cox at dsb.wa.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 4:55 PM
To: MacKillop, Michael (DSB) <michael.mackillop at dsb.wa.gov>
Subject: VRC 4 (In-Training) Recruitment -- WA Services for the Blind, Vancouver Office

Dear Stakeholders and Community Partners:

There is a position opening up at Washington State Department of Services for the Blind in our Vancouver Office for a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor 4/South Region (In-Training)<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.governmentjobs.com%2Fcareers%2Fwashington%2Fjobs%2F2910560%2Fvocational-rehabilitation-counselor-4-south-region-in-training&data=04%7C01%7Ckristina.cox%40dsb.wa.gov%7C5ceac1dc5e5942fbcb3708d88b58d1df%7C11d0e217264e400a8ba057dcc127d72d%7C0%7C0%7C637412560892552043%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=mkjoA8dCOXg%2BaeH0iquI2Jq1q6GZH2TdJJNiO9MxPIA%3D&reserved=0>.

Interested parties should apply online at Careers.wa.gov by following this link: Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor 4/South Region (In-Training)<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.governmentjobs.com%2Fcareers%2Fwashington%2Fjobs%2F2910560%2Fvocational-rehabilitation-counselor-4-south-region-in-training&data=04%7C01%7Ckristina.cox%40dsb.wa.gov%7C5ceac1dc5e5942fbcb3708d88b58d1df%7C11d0e217264e400a8ba057dcc127d72d%7C0%7C0%7C637412560892562000%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=oYJQy2TaIhkNAa27%2FcUL3I%2BWlRbcUWVvuguBLGGRXWg%3D&reserved=0>. Please share with your networks.

We may hire at any step.  Advancement will be based upon the successful completion of the In-Training Plan.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor 3: (Range 53 - $4,286 to $5,630)
*         A Master's degree in rehabilitation counseling OR a current Certification as a Rehabilitation Counselor by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification; AND
*         Three (3) years of paid experience as a vocational rehabilitation counselor or similar paid experience in vocational counseling, job placement, vocational assessment, or other areas of rehabilitation counseling; AND
*         Demonstration of skill and ability in facilitating specialized vocational rehabilitation needs for a Blind, Low Vision and/or Deaf Blind caseload

- OR -
*         Three (3) years of experience as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor with the State of Washington; AND
*         Demonstration of skill and ability in facilitating specialized vocational rehabilitation needs for a Blind, Low Vision and/or Deaf Blind caseload

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor 4: (Range 57 - $4,738-$6,217 per month)
*         A Master's degree in rehabilitation counseling OR a current Certification as a Rehabilitation Counselor by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification; AND
*         Four (4) years of paid experience as a vocational rehabilitation counselor or similar paid experience in vocational counseling, job placement, vocational assessment, or other areas of rehabilitation counseling; AND
*         Demonstration of skill and ability in facilitating specialized vocational rehabilitation needs for a Blind, Low Vision and/or Deaf Blind caseload

  - OR -
*         Four (4) years of experience as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor with the State of Washington; AND
*         Demonstration of skill and ability in facilitating specialized vocational rehabilitation needs for a Blind, Low Vision and/or Deaf Blind caseload

The State of Washington celebrates our differences and we are committed to a workplace that supports equal opportunity employment and inclusion regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.

You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our organization.

Persons with a disability, who need assistance with their application or need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.<http://www.washingtonrelay.com/>

For questions about the position, please contact Meredith Hardin at 360-735-5187 or meredith.hardin at dsb.wa.gov<mailto:meredith.hardin at dsb.wa.gov>.

For assistance with the online application process please reach out to Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or jobs at des.wa.gov<mailto:jobs at des.wa.gov>.

Thank you,

Kristina