[NFBWATlk] FW: Good News from DBSC - CF Services

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Mar 30 22:12:19 UTC 2020

From: Heather Melendez - DBSC <AdminAssistant at seattledbsc.org>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 3:09 PM
To: DBSC Info <info at seattledbsc.org>
Subject: Good News from DBSC - CF Services

Dear DeafBlind Community,

DBSC would like to share some good news with you.

ODHH (Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing) has approved adding new services to our CF (Communication Facilitator) Program.  These new additions are below:

  1.  All live distance communication through applications such as: FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, and the like are now allowed methods of communication for our CF Program. This is a permanent service.
  2.  DBSC will provide CF services for medical needs. CF's can assist with telehealth and telemedicine appointments via live distance communication that may include video and typed English text (live text chat). CF's must have QDI or CDI and be on the official ODHH list.  This is a temporary service.

DBSC would like to express our gratitude to ODHH for recognition and support of DeafBlind needs in our DeafBlind community.

Be safe and stay healthy!

Angela

*The DeafBlind Service Center (DBSC) will be closed to the public until further notice. PLEASE NOTE that we will be working remotely to continue to serve our community. Please contact: info at seattledbsc.org or call: 206.323.9178 for assistance. Thank You.*