[NFBWATlk] Rehab Tech 2 Opening--Spokane DSB Office

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Mar 24 15:16:14 UTC 2020

From: Cox, Kristina (DSB) <kristina.cox at dsb.wa.gov>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 10:05 AM
Subject: Rehab Tech 2 Opening--Spokane DSB Office

Greetings!

There is a position available at Department of Services for the Blind (DSB) in the Spokane Office for a Vocational Rehabilitation Technician 2<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2751120/vocational-rehabilitation-technician-2>.

The goal of the Washington State Department of Services for the Blind (DSB)<https://dsb.wa.gov/> is to assist in the stable employment and increased independence of Blind, Deaf Blind and Low Vision customers. DSB provides training, counseling, and support to help Washington residents of all ages, who are blind or visually impaired, pursue employment, education, and independent living. Our goal is "Inclusion, Independence, and Economic Vitality for People with Visual Disabilities."

As a Vocational Rehabilitation Technician 2, you will be vital in assisting the integrated DSB Customer Services team in the agency goal of preparing customers for successful entry into the competitive workforce and towards greater independence.

What you will be doing:
You must often make independent judgments and apply knowledge of agency vocational rehabilitation and Pre-Employment Transition Services (pre-ets), administrative policies and "good practices" while performing direct services and administrative support functions necessary for the successful vocational rehabilitation and improved independence of agency customers.  You may also be given responsibility for a small caseload of customers within the VR process.

Interested parties should apply online at the Careers.wa.gov website by following this link: Vocational Rehabilitation Technician 2<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2751120/vocational-rehabilitation-technician-2>.

Qualifications

REQUIRED:
Two (2) years of college-level coursework
AND
One (1) year of experience providing direct services to clients in a non-retail environment
AND
Must pass a Federal background check

**Additional experience and education will substitute for the required education or experience.

Special Requirements/Conditions of Employment
You must be able to pass both State and Federal background checks

DSB celebrates our differences and we are committed to a workplace that supports equal opportunity employment and inclusion regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.

You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our organization.

Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.

Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact
Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or jobs at des.wa.gov<mailto:jobs at des.wa.gov>.

Thank you,
Kristina Cox
Executive Assistant and HR Consultant
Department of Services for the Blind
PO Box 40933
Olympia, WA  98504
(360) 725-3836

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>