[NFBWATlk] DeafBlind Experiences During Covid-19

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Jun 30 16:56:03 UTC 2020

From: Heather Melendez - DBSC <AdminAssistant at seattledbsc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:55 AM
To: DBSC Info <info at seattledbsc.org>
Subject: DeafBlind Experiences During Covid-19

2020 has been a challenging year for people who are DeafBlind. Social distancing requirements due to the COVID 19 virus pandemic has created a huge disruption in the lives of DeafBlind people. The DeafBlind Service Center (DBSC) has asked three people to share their experience with social distancing. Touch is the cornerstone of PT, Pro Tactile sign language, and we are just beginning to understand the barriers that social distancing creates for communication in the DeafBlind community. DBSC hopes that the following videos of Nancy Sommer, Paul DuCharme, and Caryn Tenin sharing their experiences, followed by an introductory video by Angela Theriault, will give you an introduction to the huge challenge this community is currently facing.

TIP: *press CTRL and left click mouse on 'Click Here' to open the video link*

Angela Theriault - Introduction - Click Here<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GryiGBrCiE0>

Nancy Sommer  - Click Here<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VUmreUYyUQ&t=4s>

Paul DuCharme - Click Here<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1HY3aP7IXI&t=1s>

Caryn Tenin - Click Here<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5xnXvtCcU>

To learn more about DBSC and our services, please visit: http://seattledbsc.org/

*The DeafBlind Service Center (DBSC) will be closed to the public until further notice. PLEASE NOTE that we will be working remotely to continue to serve our community. Please contact: info at seattledbsc.org or call: 206.323.9178 for assistance. Thank You.*

Heather Melendez

Administrative Assistant

DeafBlind Service Center

1620 18th Ave. Suite #200