[NFBWATlk] Northwest M~POWER Event and HKNC 2020 Summer Flyers

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Feb 3 22:07:35 UTC 2020

From: Heather Melendez - DBSC <AdminAssistant at seattledbsc.org>
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2020 1:58 PM
To: DBSC Info <info at seattledbsc.org>
Subject: Northwest M~POWER Event and HKNC 2020 Summer Flyers

(This email is sent on behalf of the Helen Keller National Center (HKNC) concerning their upcoming summer youth programs. Flyers are attached and further information can be found below. Please do not reply to this email. Thank you.)

Good Afternoon from Helen Keller National Center!

Attached you will find our 2020 flyers for our youth programs that will be offered this summer.  This email includes the first ever Northwest M~POWER event in Seattle, Washington as well as the trainings offered at our HKNC Headquarters in New York, NY.

There are a total of five attachments.  We are offering one training this summer in Seattle and the flyer is attached in MS Word format.  We are offering two different trainings this summer in New York and the flyers are attached in both PDF and MS Word format.

Here is a brief summary of the classes offered and the dates.  For more details, please view the attached flyers.  Additionally the Deaf-Blind Immersion Experience and the Summer Assessment Programs for youth do not have set dates but are scheduled per application.  For more information about these two program, please contact your Regional Rep.

2020 Northwest M~Power / July 19-24, 2020
My Pursuit of Work, Empowerment & Resources.  Northwest M~Power is a one-week program geared for transition aged youth who are deaf-blind including major areas of Pre-ETS.  This one-week program will be held at the University of Washington.
Please submit applications by March 30, 2020.

Here is the link to the Region Ten HKNC web site with the Northwest M~POWER training information.
https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc/northwestern-region

Here is the link to the general HKNC web site with the Northwest M~POWER training information.
https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc

2020 Summer Youth Vocational Program / Offered twice in the summer / June 8, 2020 - July 17, 2020 AND July 20, 2020 - August 28, 2020
The HKNC Summer Youth Vocational Program is a six-week program and prepares youth for competitive integrated employment and incorporates the five (5) areas under WIOA.
First Session application deadline is April 10, 2020 AND Second Session application deadline is May 8, 2020.
(NOTE: Besides the PDF and MS Word versions of this flyer, there is also versions in both formats for both Vocational Rehabilitation and the student.)

2020 M~Power / July 27 - August 7, 2020
My Pursuit of Work, Empowerment & Resources.  M~Power is a two-week program geared for transition aged youth who are deaf-blind including major areas of Pre-ETS.
Please submit applications by May 15, 2020.

Some friendly reminders to prepare for summer training:

  *   Connect with your RR and your student's IEP team to see how HKNC can help meet IEP goals this summer.
  *   HKNC Programs are first come first serve and they may fill up quickly.
  *   Approval for state funding may take time; so if interested in a summer program, be sure to include VR in the dialog ASAP.

Thank you and please feel free to contact me or my assistant Taryn Hill (Taryn.Hill at hknc.org<mailto:Taryn.Hill at hknc.org>) with any additional questions!

Marlene Swarts, M.A., C.R.C.
Helen Keller National Center (HKNC)
1200 12th Avenue South, Suite 175