[NFBWATlk] Joyce Scanlan dies

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Dec 30 17:53:12 UTC 2020

If I understand BLIND Inc.'s history correctly, Joyce was the first executive director and founder of BLIND Inc.  I vividly remember attending a meeting at a national convention where Joyce talked about how BLIND Inc. students tended to stay in Minnesota when they finished their blindness skills training  and someone I was sitting next to said, "that's because they were frozen in place."

My condolences to Joyce's family and friends and gratitude for her contributions to the blind of the country.

Noel