[NFBWATLK] State legislative update

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:33:31 UTC 2019

Thanks very much Marci!

Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBWATLK [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Marci
Carpenter via NFBWATLK
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:07 PM
To: nfbsea at nfbnet.org; nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org; cccnfbw at nfbnet.org
Cc: mjc59 at comcast.net
Subject: [NFBWATLK] State legislative update

We had a good day at the legislature. Thank you to Jacob Struiksma who made
the trip down to Olympia with me. It was also a big legislative advocacy day
for people with other disabilities.

As of 3 PM today HB 1706 had not come up for a floor vote. It was on the
calendar but they often have more bills on the calendar than they end up
voting on in a day.

We had very positive meetings with several Senators and Representatives. We
also got some great ideas for putting together an NFB of Washington
Legislative Advocacy Day.

I will keep all of you posted on further developments with our legislation.
Keep those phone calls and emails coming!

Thanks,

Marci

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App