[NFBWATlk] oh you guys! this is a shock!

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Fri Aug 9 08:44:27 UTC 2019

Hi,

This is what I get for not keeping up on the games!  I've had so many dr.
apts and all kinds of stuff I couldn't listen to the games this season and
this!

Mariners' home facility renamed T-Mobile Park

Seattle finalizes 25-year naming-rights deal with new sponsor

By Greg Johns

December 19, 2018

SEATTLE -- Mariners fans will be learning more than just the names and faces
of new players next spring. They'll also be getting used to watching games
at T-Mobile Park.The club announced Wednesday that it has finalized a
25-year naming-rights contract with the locally based telecommunications
company. The 47,000-seat, retractable-roof

SEATTLE -- Mariners fans will be learning more than just the names and faces
of new players next spring. They'll also be getting used to watching games
at T-Mobile Park.
The club announced Wednesday that it has finalized a 25-year naming-rights
contract with the locally based telecommunications company. The 47,000-seat,
retractable-roof facility had been known as Safeco Field since its inception
in 1999, but that naming-rights deal ends on Dec. 31. The Mariners will play
at T-Mobile Park through 2043.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed, but sources have indicated that
T-Mobile will pay the Mariners about $3.5 million per year for the naming
rights.
The partnership must be approved by the Washington State Major League
Baseball Stadium Public Facilities District (PFD), but that is expected to
happen quickly, due to the fact that the PFD finalized a 25-year lease
extension last week.
The process of replacing Safeco Field with T-Mobile Park signage will take
place over the coming months, and most of it expected to be completed by
Opening Day on March 28, when the Mariners host the defending World Series
champion Red Sox.
The front rotunda of the park and the roof trusses will be lit up at night
in T-Mobile's magenta color scheme, and street-level lighting on the outside
of the park will be converted to the magenta glow in 2020 or '21, though the
inside look of the park will remain largely the same.
T-Mobile is the nation's third-largest wireless carrier. It employs about
6,200 workers at its headquarters in Bellevue, Wash., and a total of about
8,100 in the Puget Sound region.

Whoa!

Thanks,

Lauren

  Consider the flowers of a garden:  though differing in kind, color, form
and shape, yet, inasmuch as they are refreshed by the waters of one spring,
revived by the breath of one wind, invigorated by the rays of one sun, this
diversity increaseth their charm, and addeth unto their beauty.  ....
'Abdu'l-Baha

Advice from my cats:meow when you feel like it. My audiobook is available on
Audible.com.