[NFBWATLK] Seattle Lighthouse Job Announcement
kdaniel29 at ymail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:22:43 UTC 2018
Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Sr.Vice President
Hours: Full-time, M/F, Days
Salary: Equivalent to knowledge, skills, abilities,and experience
As the Executive Assistant, you will provide direct support, be the primary point of contact for internal and external matters which pertain to the Interim President & CEO and Senior Vice President. Responsible for working independently, maintaining confidentiality, and using good judgment while providing operational, administrative, project, and office technology support with a minimum of direction. Must be detail oriented, have exceptional organizational skills, be able to maintain a balance among multiple priorities, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to adapt to a changing environment to assist in enhancing opportunities for independence and self-sufficiency of people who are blind, DeafBlind, and blind with other disabilities. This position will perform other duties as assigned and will work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other Administrative team members and their related sub-departments as needed.
· Delivers effective communications; verbally, written, and over the phone. Exercises discretion and diplomacy at all times.
· Works independently within scope of responsibilities, anticipates problems, and uses sound judgment to act appropriately.
· Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
· Must provide exceptional customer service while considering the impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
· Ability to set effective work goals, establish priorities, and plan well in order to produce quality work. Be organized and flexible in order to accommodate changes as priorities or situations arise in a professional manner.
· Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
· Builds rapport with people inside and outside the organization.
· Keep President & Senior Vice President informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities while managing their calendar of appointments, expense reports, travel plans, itineraries, and travel meetings.
· Communicates directly with Board members as requested.
· Provides smooth communication between the internal departments, showing leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with Senior Leadership.
· Prioritizes conflicting needs, follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
· Assist in conference room setup/breakdown and food setup for large meetings.
· Provide support when needed to the different departments regarding event planning.
· Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions.
· Must have a high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive situations.
· Responsible for ordering of all front office supplies, name plates and other items as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred; high school diploma required.
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative support for senior level executives
- Is able to effectively troubleshoot office technology issues
- An expert-level knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and web browsing and research
- An intermediate- to expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. An ability to learn other applications and software required to perform the essential responsibilities of this position
· Experience working with people with disabilities
· American Sign Language
Resumesand Cover Letters may be sent to:
Sr.Director of Recruiting and Employment
kdaniel at seattlelh.org
Formore information on the Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. organization, pleasevisit:
More information about the NFBWATlk