[NFBWATLK] Call to action

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 12 22:07:41 UTC 2018

Greetings,

There is a bill scheduled for a floor vote in the U.S. House of Representatives that needs all of our attention this week. It is HR 620, the ADA Education and Reform Act. We need everyone to contact their Congressperson and tell them to vote “NO” on this bill. Here is the link to the NFB Fact Sheet on our opposition to HR 620; https://nfb.org/oppose-hr620-fact-sheet <https://nfb.org/oppose-hr620-fact-sheet>.

The only co-sponsor of HR 620 from Washington state is Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler form southwest Washington (District 3). We need her to withdraw her co-sponsorship.

You can contact your Representative through the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask for your Representative’s office. You can also find links to the offices at http://www.nfbw.org/legislative%20action.html <http://www.nfbw.org/legislative%20action.html>. If you don’t know which Congressional district you live in, go to https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative <https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative> and enter your address.

Let’s get HR 620 defeated so we can move on to the rest of our legislation!

thanks,

Marci