[NFBWATLK] Putting our collective knowledge to use

Matthew Hines matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 04:31:44 UTC 2018

Hello everyone, I hope we all have had a great start to the holiday season.
I am writing to enlist your knowledge and relationships for an upcoming
event in March at the school for the blind.

The National Federation of the Blind of Clark County is coming on board as a
partner to assist in facilitating the annual career fair at the school.  We
are driving for a new wrinkle to the career fair this year and ongoing.  Our
chapter would like to bring individuals from specific fields into the school
to share their experiences in the field they are employed in as a blind or
visually impaired professional.  The career fair does focus on employment
achievable by the blind and visually impaired but we want to make sure that
students are getting access to actual blind employees in the field they are
interested in and we can help make that happen.  At the bottom of this email
is a list of professions we are looking for recommendations on people to
contact to bring down to the school from within the region.  Even if an
individual is unable to attend the school career fair and share their
experiences, it would be great to set up a future network of mentors for
kids at the school to draw from during their tenure at the school.

Our chapter is committed to assisting in logistics and transportation and we
are also willing to put dollars on the table to make this happen.  Please
feel free to contact me with questions (360)-980-2385 or by email with
questions.  Please send me any suggestions or contacts in the fields below
and I will do the follow up if you are not interested or do not have the
time.  Thank you all for your support, this is a great opportunity and I
hope we can come through big.  Please send all names and contact suggestions
by January 1.

Job mentor fields

Cashier

Barista