[NFBWATLK] FW: Disability Services Coordinator-King County Wahsington Washington

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Aug 7 15:42:06 UTC 2018

Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 11:47 AM
Subject: Disability Services Coordinator

Disability Services Coordinator<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODA2LjkzMzgxNzgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgwNi45MzM4MTc4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MjEzMzQxJmVtYWlsaWQ9bm5pZ2h0aW5nYWxlQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1ubmlnaHRpbmdhbGVAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQmdGFyZ2V0aWQ9JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&100&&&https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcounty/Jobs/2168815>
08/06/2018 11:15 AM PDT

As the only county in the United States named after Martin Luther King Jr, one of the most influential civil rights leaders in our nation's history, King County is a vibrant community with residents that represent countries from around the world. It is a region with increasing diversity that cherishes the artistic and social traditions of many cultures.  Together, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence.

We continue to build on an enduring legacy of shared values of equity and social justice, employee engagement, innovative thinking and continuous improvement. With this commitment, King County has adopted a pro-equity agenda aimed at advancing regional change and is developing the systems and standards necessary to achieve better outcomes for all of our residents, regardless of their race or income. All of these qualities make this King County one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.

As articulated by Executive Dow Constantine, "We can and must be... an oasis of optimism and creativity...and a beacon to people around the world".

King County's goal is to be the best-run government in the nation. As we take public service to a new level, we are creating an innovative workplace where our employees can develop and thrive and exceed the expectations of the people of King County.

King County is seeking an experienced, dynamic and motivated professional to serve as a Disability Services Consultant within King County's Disability Services Program.

The Disability Services Consultant will collaborate and work with management, human resources and employees, to facilitate the interactive process to identify and provide reasonable accommodations for King County employees with medical restrictions.  This position will provide highly specialized assistance to King County management and employees regarding disability related matters, supporting return-to-work efforts for employees with temporary or permanent disabilities, and must effectively balance promoting employee interests along with King County Departmental operational needs. In our work, we embrace King County's commitment to continuous improvement, seeking to identify ways to improve our customers' experiences (employees and business units). We are committed to delivering service with professionalism, care, and sensitivity, ensuring we honor King County's commitment to Equity and Social Justice in our work.

WHO MAY APPLY: This position is open to all qualified applicants. Career service members of Teamsters, Local 117 P&T will receive first consideration.

UNION MEMERSHIP: This position is represented by Teamsters Local 117 Professional and Technical.

REQUIRED MATERIALS:
An online employment application, completed at www.kingcounty.gov/jobs<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODA2LjkzMzgxNzgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgwNi45MzM4MTc4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MjEzMzQxJmVtYWlsaWQ9bm5pZ2h0aW5nYWxlQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1ubmlnaHRpbmdhbGVAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQmdGFyZ2V0aWQ9JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&101&&&http://www.kingcounty.gov/jobs>, with employment history going back at least ten years if you have ten years of employment (or more to include all relevant experience), a resume, and cover letter that explains what interests you about this position and what skills and experience you bring to the position.

WORK SCHEDULE:   This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is not overtime eligible. The workweek is normally Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Core business hours of the program are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

CONTACT INFORMATION: For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Lisa D. Longdon at lisa.longdon at kingcounty.gov<mailto:lisa.longdon at kigcounty.gov> or (206) 477-3258
[Image removed by sender. King County logo]

[Image removed by sender. Bookmark and Share]<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODA2LjkzMzgxNzgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgwNi45MzM4MTc4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MjEzMzQxJmVtYWlsaWQ9bm5pZ2h0aW5nYWxlQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1ubmlnaHRpbmdhbGVAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQmdGFyZ2V0aWQ9JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&102&&&https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/WAKING/bulletins/204082c?reqfrom=share>

Update your preferences or unsubscribe<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODA2LjkzMzgxNzgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgwNi45MzM4MTc4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MjEzMzQxJmVtYWlsaWQ9bm5pZ2h0aW5nYWxlQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1ubmlnaHRpbmdhbGVAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQmdGFyZ2V0aWQ9JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&103&&&https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/WAKING/subscriber/new?preferences=true>. If you have questions about this service, you may contact us directly<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODA2LjkzMzgxNzgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgwNi45MzM4MTc4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MjEzMzQxJmVtYWlsaWQ9bm5pZ2h0aW5nYWxlQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1ubmlnaHRpbmdhbGVAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQmdGFyZ2V0aWQ9JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&104&&&https://info.kingcounty.gov/about/contact/default.aspx> or search FAQs here<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODA2LjkzMzgxNzgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgwNi45MzM4MTc4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MjEzMzQxJmVtYWlsaWQ9bm5pZ2h0aW5nYWxlQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1ubmlnaHRpbmdhbGVAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQmdGFyZ2V0aWQ9JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&105&&&https://insights.govdelivery.com/Communications/Subscriber_Help_Center>. View King County's privacy policy<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODA2LjkzMzgxNzgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgwNi45MzM4MTc4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MjEzMzQxJmVtYWlsaWQ9bm5pZ2h0aW5nYWxlQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1ubmlnaHRpbmdhbGVAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQmdGFyZ2V0aWQ9JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&106&&&https://kingcounty.gov/about/website/privacy.aspx>.

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwODA2LjkzMzgxNzgxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDgwNi45MzM4MTc4MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MjEzMzQxJmVtYWlsaWQ9bm5pZ2h0aW5nYWxlQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1ubmlnaHRpbmdhbGVAY29tY2FzdC5uZXQmdGFyZ2V0aWQ9JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&107&&&https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/WAKING/bulletins/204082c>.

.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>