[NFBWATLK] "508 Refresh"

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 23:24:39 UTC 2017

Hi Elizabeth and listers,

We had hoped that the updated regs would also have been directed to state and local governments and private companies, since all are covered under the ADA, but the Administration chose a more narrow direction, There are efforts underway to mandate access to state websites through administrative action by the state, I am monitoring this closely so that, if it does not continue to move along quickly enough, we can and will address it with state legislation.  I will provide updates as soon as possible.

Marci