[nfbwatlk] Kirk Adams to join American Foundation for the Blind

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 28 23:18:24 UTC 2016

From: Carl Augusto [caugusto at afb.net <mailto:caugusto at afb.net>]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:14 PM
Subject: AFB Announces Its Next CEO

Dear Friend,
I am writing to share exciting news.
After a thorough and comprehensive national search, the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) Board of Trustees has named Kirk Adams as its next president and CEO. Kirk joins us from The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc., in Seattle, Washington, where he has served as CEO since 2008.
Kirk is a revered leader in the field of blindness, and is already very familiar with AFB thanks to his time on our Board of Trustees. I have no doubt that under his leadership, AFB will continue to expand possibilities and make the world a better place for the millions of Americans living with vision loss.
Please see the attached press release and join us in congratulating and welcoming Kirk!
Sincerely,
Carl R. Augusto
President & CEO
American Foundation for the Blind
tel: 212-502-7610
Email:  caugusto at afb.net <mailto:caugusto at afb.net><mailto:caugusto at afb.net <mailto:caugusto at afb.net>>
Expanding possibilities for people with vision loss