[nfbwatlk] Public Transportation public input opportunity

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Jan 26 16:32:06 UTC 2016

From: Olson, Toby (ESD) [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 2:33 PM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV
Subject: FW: Public Transportation public input opportunity

From: Watkinson, Larry [mailto:WatkinsL at wsdot.wa.gov]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 2:03 PM
To: Warner, Ryan; Olson, Toby (ESD); Kirschbaum, Teesha R (WSRC); Shaw, Michael; Nagpal, Sarah; Himes, Gail; Kirschbaum, Teesha R (WSRC); Olson, Dean
Cc: Sarah Shannon

From: Watkinson, Larry
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2016 3:07 PM
Please distribute to your extended list, for some this is a repeat email with a updated subject line that is correct! To: Olson, Toby (ESD); Teesha R Kirschbaum (kirsctr at dshs.wa.gov<mailto:kirsctr at dshs.wa.gov>); 'Olson, Dean'; Nagpal, Sarah; Sarah Shannon; 'Shaw, Michael'; Himes, Gail; Watkinson, Larry
Subject: FW: WSPTP: 508 Compliance

Hi All , please forward to anyone on your list,

As some of you may know, WSDOT has been working on drafting a long-range plan for our state’s public transportation system. Given that Washington’s seven million residents and half million businesses are changing the ways to communicate, connect, travel and transact, and use public transportation. And with a projected population growth of more than 25 percent during the next 20 years, the way we plan and manage public transportation must also change. The draft Washington State Public Transportation Plan offers a blueprint to better integrate all modes of transportation to meet the needs of Washington’s people.

We invite you and others in your organization to review the plan and contact us with feedback by Monday, February 8. Of note, I have attached both the PDF version of the document, which does not meet section 508 compliance, and a 508 compliant word document of the plan.  All comments/feedback can be submitted to our consultant via phone (206.462.6357) or email (sshannon at prrbiz.com<mailto:sshannon at prrbiz.com>).

We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts and continuing to improve the state’s public transportation plan.

Thanks so much!

Best,

Larry Watkinson

Compliance Manager

ADA Title II, Sections 504, 508

Washington State Department of Transportation

watkinsl at wsdot.wa.gov<mailto:watkinsl at wsdot.wa.gov>

(360) 705-7097