[nfbwatlk] Stephen Katon

Fri Jan 22 16:07:20 UTC 2016

Maria,

I hadn't heard from or about Steve for many years. I am sorry to hear of his passing. But, thanks for the note. And, I agree with Marci, please convey my condolences to his family.

/s/

Bennett Prows

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Maria Bradford via nfbwatlk
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:04 PM
To: 'NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List
Cc: Maria Bradford
Subject: [nfbwatlk] Stephen Katon

Last week Steve Katon passed away after a heart attack.

He had been a member of our chapter since the 70's.

I taught Steve braille and typing when I worked at the Lilac Services for the blind.

He attended the convention in Philadelphia with his son Mark.

The memorial service is Jan. 31st at Green Acres Chrisrtian church.

Maria Bradford President

Nfbw. Inland empire Chapter.