[nfbwatlk] sad news

Albert Sanchez albertsanchez at suddenlink.net
Mon Dec 26 23:59:43 UTC 2016

Hi Marci and list
Gary Mackenstadt called me this morning to let me know about Mike's passing.
I am overwhelmed with memories of Mike since I knew him in grade school at
WSSB, even before his voice changed to that strong deep bass that was always
recognizable in a crowd. One year he got a new coat for Christmas that had,
instead of buttons/snaps or a zipper, a velcro strip closure. He took great
pleasure in finding some unsuspecting little boy (call him Albert), and rip
open the coat which made a sound like cloth tearing, and try to convince
little Albert that he had just ripped his shirt. Then, after a great burst
of laughter, he showed me the coat closure. He was always full of fun and
devilment. I was one of those little boys that Mike took such pleasure in
teasing, but, make no mistake, he was always ready to defend a schoolmate
who had been bullied by some other student. I send my best wishes to Connie.
Bye for now,
Albert Sanchez