[nfbwatlk] U.S. Access Board Town Hall meeting

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Apr 27 15:58:07 UTC 2016

From: Olson, Toby (ESD) [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 12:12 PM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV
Subject: FW: U.S. Access Board Town Hall meeting

From: Baquis, David [mailto:baquis at access-board.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 11:54 AM
To: Baquis, David <baquis at access-board.gov<mailto:baquis at access-board.gov>>
Subject: U.S. Access Board Town Hall meeting

Thank you for your interest in the upcoming public meeting of the U.S. Access Board.  Attached is an updated flyer.  Please help us get the word out and distribute to your colleagues.

The U.S. Access Board is pleased to announce a Town Hall meeting in Seattle!
May 10, 2016 from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Husky Union Building (the HUB)
University of Washington
Room 250 (2nd floor)
4001 East Stevens Way, NE
Seattle, WA 98195-2230

*        Welcoming remarks -- Professor Brian McLaren, Chair, School of Architecture

*        Briefing on our mission and work and an update on our rulemaking activities

*        Panel Discussions:

Implementation of Accessibility Requirements
*  Tim Nogler, Washington State Building Code Council
*  Ray Allshouse, Building Official for the City of Shoreline
*  Toby Olson, Washington State Governor's Committee on Disability Issues and Employment
*  Kraig Stevenson, International Code Council (invited)

Access to Public Transportation
*  Josh Coran, Talgo
*  Michael Miller, Seattle Public Schools
*  Sarah Nagpal, Washington State Ferries (invited)

*        Open forum

For more information, contact David Baquis at (202) 272-0013 or baquis at access-board.gov<mailto:baquis at access-board.gov>
Follow @AccessBoard to get updates on Board activities and events
Visit us at www.access-board.gov<http://www.access-board.gov>

Access Board meetings are accessible to persons with disabilities. An assistive listening system, computer assisted real-time transcription (CART), and sign language interpreters will be available. Persons attending are requested to refrain from using perfume, cologne, and other fragrances for the comfort of other participants.