[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} Breaking News: Suit being filed against City of Seattle over curb cuts

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Oct 13 18:04:03 UTC 2015

From: Disability Rights Washington [mailto:info at dr-wa.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2015 9:09 AM
Subject: Breaking News: Suit being filed against City of Seattle over curb cuts

[Disability Rights Washington]

[http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/body-border-top.png]

[http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/body-border-left.png]

[http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/x.gif]

Crappy curb cuts in Seattle bring about lawsuit against the City.

[http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/Curb%20Cuts%20Still%202-003.jpg]<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2123&qid=178094>

Dear DRW Supporters and Followers,

I write to let you know Disability Rights Washington (DRW), along with our co-counsel Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center, and Goldstein, Borgen, Dardarian & Ho, are filing suit today against the City of Seattle over bad or missing curb cuts.

As many of you know, curb cuts allow people with mobility disabilities to safely get on and off sidewalks. They also help people navigate the city when they’re using bikes, strollers, luggage and other items that roll on wheels.

A year and a half ago, we met with the City of Seattle and asked them to come up with a plan to fix bad or missing curb cuts. They didn’t.  Because we weren’t successful, we had no other option than taking the City to court. We want the City to do the right thing by implementing a plan to make our streets safe and accessible for everyone.

You can find out more about this issue by visiting our website here<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2113&qid=178094>.

Sincerely,

Mark Stroh

Executive Director

Disability Rights Washington

________________________________

You can be a part of this effort too. Check out Rooted in Rights’ video here<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2123&qid=178094>, then hashtag your own picture or video of bad or missing curbs where you live with #CrappyCurb and the name of your location. Post your #CrappyCurb images to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and tag @rootedinrights.

[image of social media options listed above for sharing a #crappycurb]

[http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/body-border-right.png]

[x]

[Rooted in Rights]

[DRW]<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2114&qid=178094>

[Donate]<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2115&qid=178094>

[YouTube]<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2116&qid=178094>

[Facebook]<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2117&qid=178094>

[Twitter]<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2118&qid=178094>

[RSS]<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2119&qid=178094>

[Rooted in Rights]<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2120&qid=178094>

View this in a browser<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=230>

Match DRW information to your interests.
Modify your profile.<http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/civicrm/profile/edit?reset=1&gid=14&id=984&cs=abb241bdb7a5ef2ca159572374de7952_1444320532_168>