[nfbwatlk] FW: Statement from Inslee on the passage of the 2015-17 operating budget

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Jun 30 15:39:21 UTC 2015

From: Janet Kurz [mailto:janet.kurz at wssb.wa.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:13 AM
Subject: FW: Statement from Inslee on the passage of the 2015-17 operating
budget

Good morning, all.  Dean asked that I forward the message below.

Thanks and have a good day.

Janet

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Harper, Lisa (GOV)" <Lisa.Harper at gov.wa.gov>
Date: June 29, 2015 at 7:52:23 PM PDT
To: "Harper, Lisa (GOV)" <Lisa.Harper at gov.wa.gov>
budget

June 29, 2015

Contact:  Jaime Smith <mailto:jaime.smith at gov.wa.gov> , Governor Inslee's
Communications Office  |  360.902.4136

Statement from Gov. Inslee on the passage of the 2015-17 operating budget

"Legislators tonight approved a great budget for Washington state. It makes
the investments we need to move the state forward and follows spending
priorities I set out when the Legislature convened in January. This budget
allows us to take a big step toward meeting our obligation to K-12
education, including all-day kindergarten, smaller class sizes in lower
grades and a teacher mentoring program. We fully funded collective
bargaining agreements to give state workers a raise and funded long overdue
cost-of-living adjustments for teachers. We boosted programs that care for
people with mental illness and added caseworkers who protect vulnerable
children.

"There is much here that will help Washingtonians across the state. It makes
a bold statement about what we value. I thank lawmakers for working with me
to find the middle ground, even when that meant some tough sessions and long
nights.

"The only major complaint I have with this budget is we're talking about it
on June 29. This should have happened two months ago.

"My staff will immediately begin a careful review of the budget, and we plan
to take action on it tomorrow afternoon."

# # #

www.governor.wa.gov <http://www.governor.wa.gov/>

 <https://www.facebook.com/WaStateGov>  <https://twitter.com/GovInslee>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/govinslee/sets>