[nfbwatlk] Another device to help us "see"

Mary ellen gabias at telus.net
Tue Jun 23 19:46:32 UTC 2015

I hear from people who do it that it gives better feedback, especially for
obstacles above the height that a cane can detect.  The sound of the cane
seems to work fine for me. My husband uses clicking when he rides a bike,
which isn't very often these days.  I'm certainly not opposed to clicking on
principle, but it's always felt awkward.  I'm sure that whistling and/or
humming also provides feedback.