[nfbwatlk] Greater Seattle Chapter Service Project

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 21:37:59 UTC 2015

Hi all,
As part of the NFB's 75 days of service, At today's meeting we decided
to collect donated items for Mary's Place at our next meeting on May
16, and to bring the items over to their emergency family shelter at
314 Bell St. right after our meeting. While it's still fresh in
everyone's minds, here is a list of items that they want. You can
choose to donate gently used clothing (in-season/summer clothing) or
kids' toys, or to purchase supplies (such as medications) for them.
For more details about what Mary's Place does, go to:
www.marysplaceseattle.org
You can also click on their Volunteer link to find out about other
service opportunities such as helping out with their luncheon on
Tuesday May 5.

Mary's Place wishlist:
Clothing
•Underwear and bras desperately needed
•Socks
•Shoes
•Season appropriate clothing and coats
•Raincoats
•Children’s clothing (especially teen boys!)

Medicines (unopened unexpired containers)
•Pain relievers (Ibuprofen, Aspirin)
•Cough drops
•Vitamin C, multi-vitamins, vitamin D, fish oil capsules
•Saline nose spray
•Eye drops, Liquid tears
•Topical Antibiotic Ointments (like Neosporin or PolySporin)
•Dandruff Shampoos
•Anti-fungal foot cream (like Lamsil)
•Denture Adhesive
•Denture Cleaner
•Topical Tooth or Gum Numbing Gel
•Ace bandages, first aid
•Imodium
•Hydrocortisone ointment
•Sudafed PE, Benadryl 25mg
•Hemorrhoid cream
•$5 gift cards to Wal-mart, Target, K-mart, Fred Meyer or QFC for low
cost, generic drugs; larger amounts for our nursing office to purchase
medical supplies and medications

Personal Hygiene
•Toothpaste – Personal Size
•Tampons
•Deodorant – Travel Size
•Hair Brushes, Large Combs, & Picks
•Soap
•Shampoo, hair care products
•Razors
•Tissue packages
•Nail clippers
•Nail polish and remover
•Tweezers
•Chapstick

Child Care
•Children's toys
Diapers (high demand for sizes 4 & 5), baby wipes, pull-ups
•Baby formula
•Bottles, sippy cups, bibs
•Diaper Genies

Bon Mary Store Items
•Perfume
•Nail polish
•Make up
•Socks
•Snack items: chocolate bars, microwave popcorn, granola bars, etc.
•Hair clips, bows
•Travel mugs
•Backpacks
•Bras
•Umbrellas

Miscellaneous
•Baskets – All Sizes Needed
•Cellophane Wrap
•Blankets, towels, sheets
•Electric Fans
•Reading glasses (+3.00 and higher)
•Canes
•Metro Bus Tickets ($.50, $1.75 or $2.00)
•Backpacks-Tote Bags-Fanny Packs
•Reusable Grocery Bags